A lot of taxi companies use AI-Powered software to estimate their fares.
There are a number of advantages from using this type of software to figure out fare – both for the cabs and for the customers.
Use these following methods for Taxi estimate fare :
– Rate the distance between your current location and the destination. This will give you an idea of how much the fare should be.
–Calculate the cost of traveling between two points using mathematical formulas.
– Use a taxi fare calculator online to get an instant estimate of how much your fare will be.
Image Source: Google
Taxi Fare Variables
The following is a list of variables that affect taxi fares
– Taxi fares rise during peak hours (between 6am and 10pm) and fall during off-peak hours.
– Taxi fares increase when there is heavy traffic or when the road is wet.
– Taxi fares vary depending on the location. In downtown areas, for example, taxi fares are higher than in suburbs.
– Taxi fares for luxury services such as limousines are higher than for cheaper services.
– Find out what type of taxi you're taking.
– Determine the distance and time you'll be traveling.
– Calculate the rate per mile and per hour, based on those two factors.
– Add any applicable taxes and fees.
– Fare calculation is complete.
-To figure out the price of a taxi ride from point A to point B, use this simple equation: cost = distance × fare.
-To figure out how much to tip for a longer ride, use this formula: total distance + stopover = total trip distance.
-If you are using an app or website to book a taxi ride, be sure to include the tip in the final amount.