Since the early days of civilization, man has had a fascination with fire. Of course, along with this fascination came healthy respect as mankind recognized that the same heat that could cook a meal and provide warmth was also a destructive force that could level homes, crops, and surrounding areas in mere minutes. Consequently, people began looking for ways to effectively protect themselves against fire and its destructive qualities. If you’re looking for a fire sprinkler company in the UK then you may visit www.tmservicesltd.co.uk/services/installation-and-maintenance/.
While for some time, fire sprinklers were primarily seen in businesses, today many homeowners are opting to have them installed in their residence as well. This is because studies have proven the fire sprinkler to be one of the most effective ways to protect against fire damage. So, Why should you have a fire sprinkler system? Consider these facts:
- The largest number of fires in the US is in homes. The National Fire Protection Association (NPFA) reports that home fires account for 80% of all fire-related deaths every year.
- Every family should practice regular fire drills and be sure to know how to react quickly and effectively in the event of a fire.
- Fire sprinklers make up for human error better than any other form of fire prevention technology. This is because a fire sprinkler system can immediately respond to a fire while it is still small and can quickly and efficiently control the spreading of heat, flames, and toxic smoke.
- A sprinkler system provides one with a life-saving cushion for a time-consuming escape.
- A fire sprinkler system is easy to maintain, only needing an occasional (about once a year) look to make sure that nothing is obstructing the sensor or the sprinkler.
- A fire sprinkler system adds to your home's market value by 69%, and will often lower insurance rates as well.