Jumping rope isn't rocket science, but you may not know exactly what to do for a good rope workout. Just follow these simple steps and you will have an excellent formula to burn fat fast.
Before you start, here's what you'll want to do:
1. Take a good rope. You can also buy jump ropes online.
2. Find a cushioned surface such as a wooden floor, fitness mat, outdoor track, or tennis court to jump on. Jumping on concrete is not good for your joints.
3. Make sure you have good shoes or cross-trainers with plenty of cushioning for your feet.
4. Have a clock or timer that you can see clearly so you can keep track of your time.
5. Enjoy fun music to keep you motivated.
6. Realize that jumping rope requires coordination. Do not give up. The more you exercise, the better you will be!
For the best jump rope practice, you'll want to jump rope at regular intervals. Start by doing a test to see how long you can comfortably jump for. If it is 20 seconds then jump for 20 seconds and rest for 40. If it's 3 minutes, then jump for three minutes and relax for one minute. The amount of rest will depend on your fitness level.
For jumping style, start by running or hopping in place with the rope. You remain stationary and lift up your knees with each turn of the rope.